- A Monteggia fracture is a fracture of the proximal ulna with dislocation of the radial head.
- There are four types, based on the direction that the radial head is displaced (Bado classification).
- A Galeazzi fracture is a fracture of the distal radius with dislocation of the distal radioulnar joint (DRUJ).
- MUGR (pronounced “MUGGER”): identifies the fractured bone.
- MU: Monteggia Ulna
- GR: Galeazzi Radius
- Use “A to Z” to remember the location of the fracture-dislocation.
- ‘A’ is proximal (MonteggiA)
- Radial head dislocation and proximal ulna fracture
- ‘Z’ is distal (GaleazZi)
- Distal radioulnar joint dislocation and distal radius fracture